Zoe Bluestar

Default Turning Word Document into Web Page

When I save a word document as a web page it takes the original word document
and sort of deforms it. In the web page version things that I had centered
are no longer centered. My index numbers don't line up and it's really
stretched out. Does anyone know how I can fix this? I want it to look exactly
like it does in the original Word Document.
lostinspace

Bob Buckland ?:-\)

Hi Zoe,

Browser's don't support all of the formatting that
Word does. If you work in Web Page Layout view in
Word then you will get a fairly accurate representation
of what will show in the Web Browser.

Word retains all of the original Word content if you
use File=Save as Webpage (the 'bloat' previously
mentioned) so that someone who has Word will get the
full original document and look when opening it in
Word.

If you use File=Save as Web Page=Filtered, you will
reduce the file size and lose the content that the
browsers usually can't support, so save the original
as a .doc file first so you have a working master.

"Zoe Bluestar" Zoe wrote in message ...
When I save a word document as a web page it takes the original word document
and sort of deforms it. In the web page version things that I had centered
are no longer centered. My index numbers don't line up and it's really
stretched out. Does anyone know how I can fix this? I want it to look exactly
like it does in the original Word Document.

Please add an outlining feature like WordPerfect's. zaffcomm Microsoft Word Help 1 September 20th 05 07:21 PM
Envelope Address GR New Users 5 April 24th 05 09:48 PM
Losing format upon ENTER Jeff D'Amelio Page Layout 2 March 30th 05 11:31 PM
Converted document from WordPerfect. New footnotes are not being. C Lowman Microsoft Word Help 1 January 26th 05 10:19 PM