Default how to get rid of horizontal lines

Using MS Word 2003, I cannot figure out how to
remove horizontal lines from a simple document.
At one point, I inserted the lines, I forget
exactly how, and now I want to get rid of them.

I did search around in Help but I couldn't find
out how to remove them.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Michael Eisenstadt

Anne Troy

Michael, you can try using your drawing toolbar selector tool:
http://www.officearticles.com/misc/d...oft_office.htm
I usually create horizontal lines using a table. Hit the Table menu. You'll
see an option about gridlines. If it says "Show Gridlines", then you're not
currently viewing them, and you should turn them on. You'll be able to tell
if the lines were created using a table.
Hope that gets you started.
************
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

wrote in message
oups.com...
Using MS Word 2003, I cannot figure out how to
remove horizontal lines from a simple document.
At one point, I inserted the lines, I forget
exactly how, and now I want to get rid of them.

I did search around in Help but I couldn't find
out how to remove them.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Michael Eisenstadt

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried toggling the Show/Hide Gridlines but
that changed nothing. I vaguely remember fooling around with the ---
key and somehow a horizontal line got generated.

The file is on line which is the way I save reedits. Please feel free
to look at it if by looking at it you can identify how the lines were
generated: http://charlesumlauf.com/instances.doc

TIA

Michael Eisenstadt

Anne Troy

Hi, Michael. Ctrl+A, Format--Borders and Shading, Borders tab, choose None.

************
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

wrote in message
ups.com...
Thanks for the suggestion. I tried toggling the Show/Hide Gridlines but
that changed nothing. I vaguely remember fooling around with the ---
key and somehow a horizontal line got generated.

The file is on line which is the way I save reedits. Please feel free
to look at it if by looking at it you can identify how the lines were
generated: http://charlesumlauf.com/instances.doc

TIA

Michael Eisenstadt

Thank you Anne for the tip. I just learnt that Ctrl+Q also
gets rid of them.

Michael Eisenstadt

Anne Troy

Careful, Michael. Ctrl+Q does a lot more than remove borders.
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

oups.com...