Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Neva4lif

Default Multiple Pages of Labels

I'm trying to create labels and each one is different and the document is
about three pages. When I get to the second page, it loses the label
fomatting. I typed each one in indivually.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

If the labels are the type that have separator rows between the label rows,
your best bet is to create the three pages as separate documents or use Mail
Merge, although you can also select two table rows (one label and one
separator) or the entire page of rows and copy/paste them onto succeeding
pages; just tabbing out of the last row on the page will not replicate the
alternating row arrangement.

"Neva4lif" wrote in message
I'm trying to create labels and each one is different and the document is
about three pages. When I get to the second page, it loses the label
fomatting. I typed each one in indivually.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz

Unfortunately most label templates are intended for use in Mail Merge rather
than the 'manual' way you are trying to use.

What may give you what you want, try this;

1- Turn on non-printing characters (¶)

2- Click the little box that appears at the upper left corner of the table
(label 'grid') & copy

3- Click at the ¶ that appears below the last row of the table and
InsertBreak--Page Break (Ctrl+Enter), Paste.

4- If a ¶ appears at the top of the new page, click there & press Delete
(_not_ Backspace)

This will include any content from the page you copied, but you can just
edit the content of the individual cells.

HTH |:)

"Neva4lif" wrote:

I'm trying to create labels and each one is different and the document is
about three pages. When I get to the second page, it loses the label
fomatting. I typed each one in indivually.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules [MVP]

Which label number are you using?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Neva4lif" wrote in message
I'm trying to create labels and each one is different and the document is
about three pages. When I get to the second page, it loses the label
fomatting. I typed each one in indivually.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

See http://www.gmayor.com/convert_labels...mail_merge.htm and

Neva4lif wrote:
I'm trying to create labels and each one is different and the
document is about three pages. When I get to the second page, it
loses the label fomatting. I typed each one in indivually.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Neva4lif

The whole thing was that I wasn't using mail merge because I was actually
using them for file folders.

Neva4lif wrote:
I'm trying to create labels and each one is different and the
document is about three pages. When I get to the second page, it
loses the label fomatting. I typed each one in indivually.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman

The "mail merge" feature is useful for many more things than just stuff that
you mail. It's the right tool any time you need to prepare any kind of
labels or documents that are all formatted the same but use different data.
Give it a try!

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman