Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Leonard Leonard is offline

Default Cannot edit equation editor 3.0 object in H&S 2007 trial

I'm using Office Home and Student 2007 trial on Windows XP SP2.

In word 2007, after I insert an equation (via 'Insert-Object-Microsoft
Equation 3.0'), I cannot edit the equation again when I reopen that word doc.
The error message is
"Word cannot open the document; user does not have the access priviledges".

The same problem occurs in Powerpoint 2007. But with a different error message
"The server application, source file, or item cann't be found, or returned
an unknown error. You may need to reinstall the server application".

Thanks in advance.

Leonard

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Patrick Schmid [MVP] Patrick Schmid [MVP] is offline

Let's keep the troubleshooting of this to your thread in the PPT group

Patrick Schmid [OneNote MVP]
--------------
http://pschmid.net
***
Office 2007 RTM Issues: http://pschmid.net/blog/2006/11/13/80
Office 2007 Beta 2 Technical Refresh (B2TR):
http://pschmid.net/blog/2006/09/18/43
***
Customize Office 2007: http://pschmid.net/office2007/customize
RibbonCustomizer Add-In: http://pschmid.net/office2007/ribboncustomizer
OneNote 2007: http://pschmid.net/office2007/onenote
***
Subscribe to my Office 2007 blog: http://pschmid.net/blog/feed

"Leonard" wrote in message
:

I'm using Office Home and Student 2007 trial on Windows XP SP2.

In word 2007, after I insert an equation (via 'Insert-Object-Microsoft
Equation 3.0'), I cannot edit the equation again when I reopen that word doc.
The error message is
"Word cannot open the document; user does not have the access priviledges".

The same problem occurs in Powerpoint 2007. But with a different error message
"The server application, source file, or item cann't be found, or returned
an unknown error. You may need to reinstall the server application".

Thanks in advance.

Leonard

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

If you're using Symantec/Norton AntiVirus, try disabling the
Office Plugin that comes with it. See
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=329820 "How to use Office
programs with the Norton AntiVirus Office plug-in" for more
information.