Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Brian Stephens Brian Stephens is offline

Default How do I rotate an Excel file in a Word document?

I am trying to import a large 1-page spreadsheet into Word 2003. I need the
spreadsheet to be landscape in an otherwise portrait document.

What are some suggestions as to how I can do this?

Should I save the spreadsheet as something else and pull it into the Word
document as an object or picture and then rotate it that way?
--
Brian.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

While there are other ways, you will probably have to insert a section break
before and after the page on which the spreadsheet is to be displayed and
format the page in that section so that it is in Landscape mode.

Another method of doing it would be to use Snagit to print the spreadsheet
to a file which you can then rotate in Snagit and having saved it as a .jpg
file, you can then insert it in Word. It is not possible then however to
have the spreadsheet update in the Word document when the Excel file is
updated without going through the whole process again.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Brian Stephens" wrote in message
I am trying to import a large 1-page spreadsheet into Word 2003. I need the
spreadsheet to be landscape in an otherwise portrait document.

What are some suggestions as to how I can do this?

Should I save the spreadsheet as something else and pull it into the Word
document as an object or picture and then rotate it that way?
--
Brian.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
hennie hennie is offline

One way of doing it to make that page a different section. It would
meen you will have three sections. The first up to the point were you
insert the Excel spreadsheet, the second the Excel spreadsheet and the
third the rest of the document.

Goto Insert\Break and choose section break and select next page. Do
the same to return to your document that remains portrait. Now you can
select only the one page as landscape and the rest as portrait.

Remember you can import it as a linked file so any changes you may make
in Excel will reflect in Word.

Hope this helps.

Hennie