Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Sandra Williams Sandra Williams is offline

Default Can you insert more than one page of pictures

I have several sets of diagrams (several diagrams in each set). I have
a tool to produce the diagrams which can export them as tif files (well
mdi but I can convert) or powerpoint presentations.
I want to insert the diagrams into a word doc. (linked so they'll
update). I can only get the first page/picture to insert.
Anybody know how I can get more than the first page to insert?
Thank you

--
Sandra Williams
Sandra Williams's Profile: http://www.officehelp.in/member.php?userid=6085

Posted from - http://www.officehelp.in

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Word can't handle multi-page tif, or any other kind of multi-page graphic or
object. It will always show only the first page. To insert them in Word,
you'll have to separate each set of diagrams into a set of one-page graphics
files.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Sandra Williams wrote:
I have several sets of diagrams (several diagrams in each set). I
have a tool to produce the diagrams which can export them as tif
files (well mdi but I can convert) or powerpoint presentations.
I want to insert the diagrams into a word doc. (linked so they'll
update). I can only get the first page/picture to insert.
Anybody know how I can get more than the first page to insert?
Thank you

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

It isn't apparent, but *all* pages (the whole file) are _inserting_, its
just that only the *first* page can be _displayed_. (More precisely,
perhaps, only one of the object's pages can be displayed at a
time -whichever is "on top" of the stack.)

If possible, each diagram should be saved as a separate file & each file
inserted as individual objects. Alternatively, you may be able to insert the
same file multiple times & display a different page in each, but that makes
for a much bigger doc file if embedded - another reason why linking is
preferable. However, multiple links to different parts of the same file can
be a little tricky, especially with regard to updating the links.

BTW - Along the same lines, any one object can't span a page break in a Word
doc.
--
HTH |:)
Bob Jones

"Sandra Williams" wrote in message

I have several sets of diagrams (several diagrams in each set). I have
a tool to produce the diagrams which can export them as tif files (well
mdi but I can convert) or powerpoint presentations.
I want to insert the diagrams into a word doc. (linked so they'll
update). I can only get the first page/picture to insert.
Anybody know how I can get more than the first page to insert?
Thank you

--
Sandra Williams
Sandra Williams's Profile: http://www.officehelp.in/member.php?userid=6085
View this thread: http://www.officehelp.in/showthread.php?t=1321121

Posted from - http://www.officehelp.in

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Sandra Williams Sandra Williams is offline

Thank you for your replies - you've saved me a lot of time trying to do
the impossible
Sandra