Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
SyracuseStan SyracuseStan is offline

Default How do I turn off the outline of a page in Print Layout View?

For some reason, a dotted line outlines the page in Print Layout View. New
documents show it. So do old documents. In each corner is a gray,
right-angle bar. I want to turn these off, because they are distracting.
Ideas?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Lene Fredborg Lene Fredborg is offline

It sounds as if you have Tools Options View tab Text boundaries turned
on. If this is the case, turn it off (the setting applies to all documents).

--
Regards
Lene Fredborg

"SyracuseStan" wrote:

For some reason, a dotted line outlines the page in Print Layout View. New
documents show it. So do old documents. In each corner is a gray,
right-angle bar. I want to turn these off, because they are distracting.
Ideas?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

For the dotted line outline, in Word click on Tools | Options | View |
uncheck the "Text boundaries" box | OK.

For the corner marks, see http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=839371
"Margin marks or crop marks appear on each corner of the page when you
open a document in Word 2002 or in Word 2003".