Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
hoffmanjm

Default Styles: changing font within paragraph

I want to be able to use auto-numbered headings and then, after a period or
colon, change to body text within the same paragraph. Then, when I hit the
hard return key, go back to the auto numbered heading again. I know this
must be appallingly simple, or word would have included it somewhere in the
help screens that came with the software (Word 2003). But so far, I haven't
found it. Can anyone help me out here? Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Status Bar''s Text Size Too Big.

Hi...all you have to do is click on INSERT...BREAK...then select TEXT
WRAPPING BREAK if you want to write a paragraph...Add another TEXT WRAPPING
BREAK as a hard return...

To continue with your auto-numbering, just add ANOTHER TEXT WRAPPING BREAK,
and another hard return. This will bring you back to continue your
numbering...PLAY AROUND WITH THE TEXT WRAPPING BREAK...

"hoffmanjm" wrote:

I want to be able to use auto-numbered headings and then, after a period or
colon, change to body text within the same paragraph. Then, when I hit the
hard return key, go back to the auto numbered heading again. I know this
must be appallingly simple, or word would have included it somewhere in the
help screens that came with the software (Word 2003). But so far, I haven't
found it. Can anyone help me out here? Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

See http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/RunInSidehead.htm. If you want the
styles to alternate, you'll need to select each as the "Style for following
paragraph" of the other.