syam

Default Merging Oracle data with Word Templates

We have templates that we merge with Oracle data using a Powerbuilder
front-end. In Word 2000 the data within our bookmarks prints fine but in
Word 2003 only the first cell has a border. Of course there is a manual fix
by clicking and turning on borders but we need the forms to retrieve with the
borders already set.

Any ideas?
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?c3lhbQ==?=,

We have templates that we merge with Oracle data using a Powerbuilder
front-end. In Word 2000 the data within our bookmarks prints fine but in
Word 2003 only the first cell has a border. Of course there is a manual fix
by clicking and turning on borders but we need the forms to retrieve with the
borders already set.

You simply don't provide enough information. Borders for what kinds of objects?
Bookmarks, alone, have no borders. And, depending on how the data is
transferred, those bookmarks may not even exist after the data has been dumped
in. You mention a cell. Are the bookmarks in table cells? Then you have to apply
borders to the entire table.

In Word 2002 table STYLES were introduced. As of this version, you can set a
default style for new tables, in new documents. Perhaps this is affecting the
merge result in some way. Try selecting the table in the template document and
applying a table style with the characteristics you require (such as TableGrid)
from Table/Table AutoFormat.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org