Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Aubrey Aubrey is offline

Default rescue.asd files

Hi! My computer, operating system, Windows Vista, experienced an error and
saved a word file as rescue.asd. I can not get the file to open. The error
message states that Word does not recognize the file type. Any suggestions
as to what I can do to recover the file...or what type of program will open
an *.asd file. Any info is greatly appreciated....please "dumb down"
Thanks so much

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

The crash rescue system is not infallible. If the document is recoverable
from the crash, then the next time Word is opened it will automatically
recover it. If the recovery file is incomplete or corrupt, it won't.

Aubrey wrote:
Hi! My computer, operating system, Windows Vista, experienced an
error and saved a word file as rescue.asd. I can not get the file to
open. The error message states that Word does not recognize the file
type. Any suggestions as to what I can do to recover the file...or
what type of program will open an *.asd file. Any info is greatly
appreciated....please "dumb down" responses as I am not insanely
proficient on the computer.
Thanks so much