Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Summer Summer is offline

Default Document Properties 2007

In 2003 you can set Options to Prompt for Document Properties on Save.

I saw a recent post by Herb Tyson (I think) suggesting to turn this feature on in Developer Tab Document Panel Check the feature for Document Properties.

I use 2007 Professional Academic and do not see Document Panel in the Developer Tab.

I run as a standalone and hook into a 2-3 machine Wireless Network and run a Sharepoint Website.

I was going to use my VBA 2003 macro but obviously this will not work in 2007 as the Properties is Office Prepare Properties.

Help!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Hi Summer,

In 2003 you can set Options to Prompt for Document
Properties on Save. I saw a recent post by Herb Tyson
(I think) suggesting to turn this feature on in
Developer Tab Document Panel Check the feature for
Document Properties. I use 2007 Professional Academic
and do not see Document Panel in the Developer Tab. I
run as a standalone and hook into a 2-3 machine Wireless
Network and run a Sharepoint Website. I was going to
use my VBA 2003 macro but obviously this will not work
in 2007 as the Properties is Office Prepare Properties.

I don't have that tab in my Word installation, either. But
perhaps Herb has InfoPath installed, as well, which might
give him that...

If your macro code executes the commandbar control ID 750
then it should still work :-)

Otherwise, you can turn on the prompt using

Application.Options.SavePropertiesPrompt = True

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindymeister (last update
Jun 17 2005)
http://www.word.mvps.org

This reply is posted in the Newsgroup; please post any
follow question or reply in the newsgroup and not by e-mail
:-)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Patrick Schmid [MVP] Patrick Schmid [MVP] is offline

The CommandBars enumeration has a method ExecuteMso. Call it with
ExecuteMso("AdvancedFileProperties") and it will bring up the properties
dialog.

Patrick Schmid [OneNote MVP]
--------------
http://pschmid.net
***
Outlook 2007 Performance Update: http://pschmid.net/blog/2007/04/13/105
Office 2007 RTM Issues: http://pschmid.net/blog/2006/11/13/80
***
Customize Office 2007: http://pschmid.net/office2007/customize
RibbonCustomizer Add-In: http://ribboncustomizer.com
OneNote 2007: http://pschmid.net/office2007/onenote
***
Subscribe to my Office 2007 blog: http://pschmid.net/blog/feed

"Summer" wrote in message
:

In 2003 you can set Options to Prompt for Document Properties on Save.

I saw a recent post by Herb Tyson (I think) suggesting to turn this feature on in Developer Tab Document Panel Check the feature for Document Properties.

I use 2007 Professional Academic and do not see Document Panel in the Developer Tab.

I run as a standalone and hook into a 2-3 machine Wireless Network and run a Sharepoint Website.

I was going to use my VBA 2003 macro but obviously this will not work in 2007 as the Properties is Office Prepare Properties.

Help!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Summer Summer is offline

Will give it a go Cindy... my macro I use for Doc Props 2003 does falls over
in 2007...

Hi Summer,