Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
secretsofkings secretsofkings is offline

Default Meaning of Permission(unrestricted access) in Word 2003

I notice I have anicon on my task bar which appears to be a page and at
bottom right corner of this page there is a round squatty ring which says-
Permission (unrestricted access) . What does this mean or is it a hacker
trying to get into my computer. If so how do I delete it. What is its purpose
I am working in Word 2003

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
secretsofkings secretsofkings is offline

From secretofkings
Thank you Suzanne for your reply. I went into Word and read it and it asked
me to download a new version. When I did the download it said "The windows
Rights Management Client was downloaded to Service Pack 2. I now have Service
Pack 3
so was my download successful or do I have to do it again

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

It is part of Word. Click on the button and read the message box you get. I
believe the button is used in combination with the Tools | Protect Document
command.

"secretsofkings" wrote in message
I notice I have anicon on my task bar which appears to be a page and at
bottom right corner of this page there is a round squatty ring which says-
Permission (unrestricted access) . What does this mean or is it a hacker
trying to get into my computer. If so how do I delete it. What is its
purpose
I am working in Word 2003

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

My guess is that if you don't know what this is for, you don't have the
software in place to use it. It's something intended for big corporations
with SharePoint servers, I believe.

From secretofkings

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

It is part of Word. Click on the button and read the message box you get.
believe the button is used in combination with the Tools | Protect
Document
command.

"secretsofkings" wrote in
message
I notice I have anicon on my task bar which appears to be a page and at
bottom right corner of this page there is a round squatty ring which
says-
Permission (unrestricted access) . What does this mean or is it a
hacker
trying to get into my computer. If so how do I delete it. What is its
purpose
I am working in Word 2003

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
secretsofkings secretsofkings is offline

Dear Suzanne
Thanks I appreciate your reply. As you say I don't understand what the icon
is about and I am not in a big corporation so I really don't think I would
use it. Is it a matter of just deleting it or do I have to go into the EXE
file or the Programme file and delete it. Or would a simpler thing be just to
ignore it. Is it something that
when I send out a file it can be in read only form and not be changed?
I look forward to your reply.
secretsofkings

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

My guess is that if you don't know what this is for, you don't have the
software in place to use it. It's something intended for big corporations
with SharePoint servers, I believe.

From secretofkings

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

It is part of Word. Click on the button and read the message box you get.
believe the button is used in combination with the Tools | Protect
Document
command.

"secretsofkings" wrote in
message
I notice I have anicon on my task bar which appears to be a page and at
bottom right corner of this page there is a round squatty ring which
says-
Permission (unrestricted access) . What does this mean or is it a
hacker
trying to get into my computer. If so how do I delete it. What is its
purpose
I am working in Word 2003

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You can ignore it, or, if you need space on the toolbar for other things,
press Alt and drag the button off. There are various kinds of protection
that can be applied to documents; I'm not sure what sort this button
applies.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

My guess is that if you don't know what this is for, you don't have the
software in place to use it. It's something intended for big corporations
with SharePoint servers, I believe.

"secretsofkings" wrote in
message
From secretofkings

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

It is part of Word. Click on the button and read the message box you
get.
believe the button is used in combination with the Tools | Protect
Document
command.

"secretsofkings" wrote in
message
I notice I have anicon on my task bar which appears to be a page and
at
bottom right corner of this page there is a round squatty ring which
says-
Permission (unrestricted access) . What does this mean or is it a
hacker
trying to get into my computer. If so how do I delete it. What is
its
purpose
I am working in Word 2003

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
secretsofkings secretsofkings is offline

Dear Suzanne
THank you very much for all your help with my query it has been very much
appreciated. This is my first time for asking a question and it has amazed me
that people like yourself have been so kind and answered my question in
"plain English"
for me to understand. No more tearing my hair out. I will do as you suggest
just
use Alt and drag it off the toolbar. I had asked 4 highly paid technicians
and they didn't know what I was talking about.
Once again thank you
secretsofkings

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

My guess is that if you don't know what this is for, you don't have the
software in place to use it. It's something intended for big corporations
with SharePoint servers, I believe.

"secretsofkings" wrote in
message
From secretofkings