Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
sfuentes sfuentes is offline

Default Table of Contents and List of Figures

I am trying to create a Table of contents, List of Figures and List of Tables
for a document. When I try to insert the List of figures or tables, I get a
message asking if I want to delete the existing list of figures and my table
of contents gets deleted. Help!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
sfuentes sfuentes is offline

There is not an option to say no, it is either Yes or Cancel. So if I choose
yes, my table of contents is deleted, if I choose Cancel, I can't make my
list of figures.

"sfuentes" wrote in message
I am trying to create a Table of contents, List of Figures and List of
Tables
for a document. When I try to insert the List of figures or tables, I get
message asking if I want to delete the existing list of figures and my
table
of contents gets deleted. Help!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Have you tried again after inserting empty paragraphs as suggested? You can
certainly have more than one TOC in a document, but your description
suggests that you have the insertion point inside the TOC field of the
original one. This is very deceptive, as Word displays an empty paragraph
below the TOC, and you would think it would not be part of the TOC, but if
you display the TOC field, you will see that the TOC is actually "in" that
paragraph.

news