Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoeP[_2_] JoeP[_2_] is offline

Default Table Of Contents in word 2007

Hi All,

Using Vista Ultimate 64 bits.

I am having a problem when trying to build Table Of Contents in Word. Some
of items are not been picked up even though they were marked as Heading 2 Or
Heading 3. If erase the whole string and re-type it, in some cases it fixed
itself.

Any idea how to resolve this problem.

Thanks,

Joe

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Does this happen with a particular document only or can you reproduce it in
other documents as well?

What is the TOC field code (press Alt+F9 to find out)?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"JoeP" wrote in message
Hi All,

Using Vista Ultimate 64 bits.

I am having a problem when trying to build Table Of Contents in Word. Some
of items are not been picked up even though they were marked as Heading 2
Or
Heading 3. If erase the whole string and re-type it, in some cases it
fixed
itself.

Any idea how to resolve this problem.

Thanks,

Joe

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoeP[_2_] JoeP[_2_] is offline

Hi Stefan,

Thanks for your reply.

The TOC code is: {TOC \ o "1-3" \h \z \u}
Well it happens in one document and then I copied the content to a new
document and still the same problem.

Regards,

Joe

"Stefan Blom" wrote in message
Does this happen with a particular document only or can you reproduce it
in other documents as well?

What is the TOC field code (press Alt+F9 to find out)?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

Hi All,

Using Vista Ultimate 64 bits.

I am having a problem when trying to build Table Of Contents in Word.
Some
of items are not been picked up even though they were marked as Heading 2
Or
Heading 3. If erase the whole string and re-type it, in some cases it
fixed
itself.

Any idea how to resolve this problem.

Thanks,

Joe

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

How did you copy the text? In case there is some corruption in the document,
you should exclude the final paragraph mark (¶) when copying and then paste
into a new, blank document (that often fixes the corruption).

To show/hide paragraph marks as well as other nonprinting marks, you can
press Ctrl+Shift+8.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP