Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
abradaxis[_2_] abradaxis[_2_] is offline

Default Automatic Updates Now Prevent Word 2000 From Loading

I was up north for the summer, and returned to Florida a few days ago and
prepared to update my dormant desktop. I downloaded all pertinent upgrades
from the MS Update Web Site, and then discovered that Word from MS Office
Premium 2000 would not load, and hung up my machine. All other applications
are fine, but obviously one of the downloads destroyed my ability to launch
Word. I uninstalled and reinstalled Office, but the same thing happened. I am
planning on upgrading my other PCs to Office 2007, but my wife wants very
much to keep the old Word for her limited use.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...artingWord.htm and
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/921541.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

On Wed, 7 Oct 2009 12:58:03 -0700, abradaxis
wrote:

I was up north for the summer, and returned to Florida a few days ago and
prepared to update my dormant desktop. I downloaded all pertinent upgrades
from the MS Update Web Site, and then discovered that Word from MS Office
Premium 2000 would not load, and hung up my machine. All other applications
are fine, but obviously one of the downloads destroyed my ability to launch
Word. I uninstalled and reinstalled Office, but the same thing happened. I am
planning on upgrading my other PCs to Office 2007, but my wife wants very
much to keep the old Word for her limited use.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
macropod[_2_] macropod[_2_] is offline

See also my reply to your separate post in microsoft.public.office.setup.

Please don't post the same question separately in multiple NGs.

--
Cheers
macropod