Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
outlook lady

Default Inserting a new label in a mail merge

I have a mail merge of labels and I need to add an address label in a
particular spot because they are sorted by zipcode. How do I add one in
the
middle of my labels so that it just moves the rest of them down a label?
Is
this possible?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules [MVP]

If you have a mail merge data source, can't you just add that one address
and sort by zip code?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"outlook lady" wrote in message
I have a mail merge of labels and I need to add an address label in a
particular spot because they are sorted by zipcode. How do I add one in
the
middle of my labels so that it just moves the rest of them down a label?
Is
this possible?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
outlook lady

Well I did a dumb thing and have made changes to individual labels in word
and can't go back to the original data source.

I just wondered if there was a way to insert a label and move the rest down?

"JoAnn Paules [MVP]" wrote:

If you have a mail merge data source, can't you just add that one address
and sort by zip code?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"outlook lady" wrote in message
I have a mail merge of labels and I need to add an address label in a
particular spot because they are sorted by zipcode. How do I add one in
the
middle of my labels so that it just moves the rest of them down a label?
Is
this possible?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules [MVP]

One at a time. Look, I used to do that and it's a b*tch. Do yourself a
favor, go to:

Convert Labels into a Data File
http://www.gmayor.com/convert_labels...mail_merge.htm

(And remember to thank Graham Mayor)

Get that database back into database format like it should be. You'll drive
yourself nuts if you keep everything in a label format and have to move
things everytime someone moves or their zip code changes (like mine is on
Sunday).