Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Melissa Melissa is offline

Default song sheet: specify space for line breaks

I want to create a song lyric sheet which typically has text in stanzas. So
my text will follow this:
Stanza 1: text line 1
text line 2
text line 3

Stanza 2: text line 1
text line 2
text line 3

I know how to specify paragraph spacing for Normal styles but how do I set
different spacing between text line 1 and 2, and between stanzas?
Thank you.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Create and apply a different paragraph style for each uniquely formatted
line. To some extent you can switch styles automatically by setting the
following style to the style that should be next when you press enter. From
your description it sounds like you need three styles here.
A New Stanza style, a First Line style and a Body Text style.
You can get a new stanza style to be followed by a first line style and a
first line style to be followed by a body text style.

Melissa wrote:
I want to create a song lyric sheet which typically has text in
stanzas. So my text will follow this:
Stanza 1: text line 1
text line 2
text line 3

Stanza 2: text line 1
text line 2
text line 3

I know how to specify paragraph spacing for Normal styles but how do
I set different spacing between text line 1 and 2, and between
stanzas?
Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Melissa Melissa is offline

Thanks Graham. I was hoping for an easier way where I specify paragraph
spacing for when I press Enter and when I press Shift+Enter (which gives the
line break between text lines).
I'm not creating the song sheet from scratch but have copied songs from the
net which contain line breaks already. So I thought of just changing some
settings (if they exist) for the line breaks...
Thanks anyway!

Melissa wrote:
I want to create a song lyric sheet which typically has text in
stanzas. So my text will follow this:
Stanza 1: text line 1
text line 2
text line 3

Stanza 2: text line 1
text line 2
text line 3

I know how to specify paragraph spacing for Normal styles but how do
I set different spacing between text line 1 and 2, and between
stanzas?
Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jezebel Jezebel is offline

Once you've defined your styles, applying them to existing text is very
quick: do one, then use the format painter -- then it's just one click for
each line.

Melissa wrote:
I want to create a song lyric sheet which typically has text in
stanzas. So my text will follow this:
Stanza 1: text line 1
text line 2
text line 3

Stanza 2: text line 1
text line 2
text line 3

I know how to specify paragraph spacing for Normal styles but how do
I set different spacing between text line 1 and 2, and between
stanzas?
Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

The spacing for Shift+Enter is the same as the "line spacing" (single,
double, 1.5, etc.) between regular lines within the paragraph. Think
of Shift+Enter as the instruction "start the next line within the same
paragraph".

The spacing for Enter is controlled by the Space Before and Space
After settings of the paragraph style.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman