Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Alan H UK Alan H UK is offline

Default business card stationery?

I have a pack of DECAdry SCW2090 business card stationery, very neat! 2x5
cards per page, each card 54.0mm wide, on A4 200gsm paper.

How do I set up or download a template to print onto this paper? thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

What version of Word?

"Alan H UK" Alan H wrote in message
I have a pack of DECAdry SCW2090 business card stationery, very neat! 2x5
cards per page, each card 54.0mm wide, on A4 200gsm paper.

How do I set up or download a template to print onto this paper? thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Okay, in that version, go to Tools | Letters and Mailings | Envelopes and
Labels. On the Labels tab, click Options, and look at the available labels.
Your brand is not one of those listed even in Other/Custom, so see if the
package gives an Avery equivalence number. If so, find that in the Avery A4
and A5 sizes list. If not, scroll through the Avery offerings and see if,
for example J21013 is the same as what you have (my system gives the
measurement in inches, so I can't compare very well, but it is a 2 x 5
setup).

When you find a label definition that matches your cards, select it, OK to
return to the Labels dialog, and click New Document. This will give you a
sheet of the cards. They're set up as a table, so be sure you have table
gridlines displayed (Table | Show Gridlines) so you can see the card
boundaries. You can do anything in a single card that you can do in any
table cell, then copy it and paste it to the rest of the table. You may also
want to see http://www.gmayor.com/graphics_on_labels.htm

If you have and are familiar with Publisher, you would probably find it much
simpler to set up the business card there, as you can set it up once and
then just set the printing options to print it 10 times on the sheet.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

What version of Word?

"Alan H UK" Alan H wrote in message
I have a pack of DECAdry SCW2090 business card stationery, very neat!
2x5
cards per page, each card 54.0mm wide, on A4 200gsm paper.

How do I set up or download a template to print onto this paper?
thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Alan H UK[_2_] Alan H UK[_2_] is offline

That's great, thank you so much. I have found a close match in Avery, and
then pasted the card designed for me into the template, copied it etc and
printed the new card.

So, just hope that you are not affected by the hurricane Gustav, and most
impressed by the speed and content of the reply. thanks again

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

What version of Word?

"Alan H UK" Alan H wrote in message
I have a pack of DECAdry SCW2090 business card stationery, very neat!
2x5
cards per page, each card 54.0mm wide, on A4 200gsm paper.

How do I set up or download a template to print onto this paper?
thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Alan H UK[_2_] Alan H UK[_2_] is offline

DECAdry replied eventually: "I suggest you to try the free version of our
publishing software, which is specially designed to work with our references,
and that you can download at http://www.decadry.com/En/download.asp (DECAdry
Express Publishing 5 Free version)

Best Regards,

Roland Marounek
ALFAC
DECAdry - Support " but anyway, thanks again

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

We're getting some impressive wind and rain--no more than we get from an
ordinary thunderstorm but just for a longer period (all day, off and on).

news

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

What version of Word?

"Alan H UK" Alan H wrote in message
I have a pack of DECAdry SCW2090 business card stationery, very neat!
2x5
cards per page, each card 54.0mm wide, on A4 200gsm paper.

How do I set up or download a template to print onto this paper?
thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Avery has downloadable templates, too, and in general they're problematic;
Word's built-in "label" definitions usually work much more satisfactorily.
So if you have problems with DECAdry's download, you can still always go
back to looking for an Avery equivalent.