Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Sonja Holmes Sonja Holmes is offline

Default Section Breaks in a protected document

I am creating a fill-in form that is protected to only allow fill-in
information. At the end of the form, I have inserted a picture that the
physician would like to be able to edit (i.e. - draw lines to certain parts
to decribe a medical condition). I inserted a section break on each side to
separate it from the remainder of the document - however, the only edit that
word allows is text edits. How can I get Word to allow me to insert a text
box or draw a line to the figure?
--
Sonja Holmes
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
macropod[_2_] macropod[_2_] is offline

Hi Sonja,

You can't do that in a protected document. However, if you put the image in an unprotected document linked to your form, you make
the edits there and have them automatically reflected in the form.

--
Cheers
macropod

"Sonja Holmes" wrote in message ...
I am creating a fill-in form that is protected to only allow fill-in
information. At the end of the form, I have inserted a picture that the
physician would like to be able to edit (i.e. - draw lines to certain parts
to decribe a medical condition). I inserted a section break on each side to
separate it from the remainder of the document - however, the only edit that
word allows is text edits. How can I get Word to allow me to insert a text
box or draw a line to the figure?
--
Sonja Holmes

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
macropod[_2_] macropod[_2_] is offline

Hi Sonja,

You'd create the image document, then insert an INCLUDETEXT field in your form pointing to the image document. If you put the link
to the image document in an unprotected Section of your form, you could also insert a hyperlink there so that the user could click
on it to open the image document for editing.

--

"macropod" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
macropod[_2_] macropod[_2_] is offline

How do you know all of this stuff????
Probably because I spend too much time playing around with Word to see what I can do that it doesn't want to let me.