Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Default Update fields of mail merge based on lookup to database

I am trying to use the mail merge features of Word to create a template
or form that will create one document based on a lookup to an external
database. I would ask the user to fill in the name of the server they
are interested in and populate the rest of the mail merge fields with
the pertinate information associated with that server name. I have been
able to set up my document to get the necessary data but cannot figure
out how to create a fillin field that will actually go and look the
data up.

Can any one point me in the right direction?