Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
tjtjjtjt

Default single letter paragraphs

Is there a way to use wildcards to find single letter paragraphs? I can do
single letter words with [A-Z] (I only want capital letters), but I haven't
figured out a way to do it for paragraphs.

Thanks,
--
tj

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman

Not quite. That expression will find any paragraph mark preceded by a
single-character "word", including something like

Give me an A¶

That may be close enough, if your documents don't contain odd beasts
like the above. If not, try

^13[A-Za-z]^13

which finds any single letter (upper or lower case) between two
paragraph marks. This won't find the first paragraph of the document
(because there's no preceding paragraph mark), but that's easy to spot
manually.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

On Thu, 29 Dec 2005 13:36:02 -0800, "tjtjjtjt"
wrote:

Got it, I think:

[A-Z]^13

Thanks,

--
tj

"tjtjjtjt" wrote:

Is there a way to use wildcards to find single letter paragraphs? I can do
single letter words with [A-Z] (I only want capital letters), but I haven't
figured out a way to do it for paragraphs.

Thanks,
--
tj

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
tjtjjtjt

Thanks, Jay. I did notice that I wasn't finding exactly what I was looking
for. I'll use your expression going forward.

--
tj

"Jay Freedman" wrote:

Not quite. That expression will find any paragraph mark preceded by a
single-character "word", including something like

Give me an A¶

That may be close enough, if your documents don't contain odd beasts
like the above. If not, try

^13[A-Za-z]^13

which finds any single letter (upper or lower case) between two
paragraph marks. This won't find the first paragraph of the document
(because there's no preceding paragraph mark), but that's easy to spot
manually.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
newsgroup so all may benefit.

On Thu, 29 Dec 2005 13:36:02 -0800, "tjtjjtjt"
wrote:

Got it, I think:

[A-Z]^13

Thanks,