Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
jake jake is offline

Default Translation Screentip ?!?!

its MS-Word 2007 in enterprise package, Full installation.

in
REBON : Review Proofing Translation Screentip

nothing happen at all whether its "turned off" or some language is selected?!

what is it supposed to do ?!?!

plz help :-) x
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Thierry Fontenelle [MSFT][_2_] Thierry Fontenelle [MSFT][_2_] is offline

Hi Jake,

Have you tried selecting a language, instead of selecting the "turned off"
option for this translation screentip?

You will then be able to access a number of bilingual dictionaries: the
translations from these dictionaries appear in a screentip when you hover
your mouse over an unknwn word. For instance, you have a text in French, so
if you want the French-English translation, click on the target language
(English): when you hover your mouse on a word in the French text, the
French-English trranslation will appear.

You will find some examples and screenshots on our blog:
http://blogs.msdn.com/naturallanguag...fice-2007.aspx

I hope it helps,

Best wishes,

Thierry Fontenelle [MSFT]
Microsoft Natural Language Group

"Jake" wrote:

its MS-Word 2007 in enterprise package, Full installation.

in
REBON : Review Proofing Translation Screentip

nothing happen at all whether its "turned off" or some language is selected?!

what is it supposed to do ?!?!

plz help :-) x

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
jake jake is offline

yea thanx a LOOOOOOOOOOOT :-D

but it still doesnt work for "english" and "arabic" :-(

"Jake" wrote:

its MS-Word 2007 in enterprise package, Full installation.

in
REBON : Review Proofing Translation Screentip

nothing happen at all whether its "turned off" or some language is selected?!

what is it supposed to do ?!?!

plz help :-) x

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Thierry Fontenelle [MSFT][_2_] Thierry Fontenelle [MSFT][_2_] is offline

Hi Jake,

Is the Arabic-English bilingual dictionary installed on your machine? It is
normally available in the Arabic SKU and Language Pack.

Best wishes,

Thierry

Thierry Fontenelle [MSFT]

"Jake" wrote:

its MS-Word 2007 in enterprise package, Full installation.

in
REBON : Review Proofing Translation Screentip

nothing happen at all whether its "turned off" or some language is selected?!

what is it supposed to do ?!?!

plz help :-) x

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jemma Jemma is offline

Hi

I found the info you posted very useful-thanks! And after many infuriating
moments I've managed to get the screentips for French to English to work
consistently, however I can't get the function to work in the opposite
directions, just wondered if you had any advice!?

Thanks
Jemma

"Jake" wrote:

its MS-Word 2007 in enterprise package, Full installation.

in
REBON : Review Proofing Translation Screentip

nothing happen at all whether its "turned off" or some language is selected?!

what is it supposed to do ?!?!

plz help :-) x

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
David David is offline

How do I add Thai to Translation Screen tip pull down options. I want to
hover over an english word, and see the Thai definition. I could not follow
the ?help.
--
David

"Jake" wrote:

its MS-Word 2007 in enterprise package, Full installation.

in
REBON : Review Proofing Translation Screentip

nothing happen at all whether its "turned off" or some language is selected?!

what is it supposed to do ?!?!

plz help :-) x

gwenmacer gwenmacer is offline
Junior Member

I have the same trouble and tried many different ways but cant able to figure out the solution. Hope I will make it soon.