Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
preeto preeto is offline

Default Versioning in Sharepoint server 2007

I tried setting up a library in SharePoint Server 2007 and uploaded a Word
2007 document in it.Then i tried creating different versions of the file.But
i was not able to check in the new version of the file.I was unable to check
the new version of the file using Word and got an error "The server rejected
this file because the format is unknown or corrupted".I tried checking in the
new version of the file using SharePoint Server and got an error " The
document was checked out to your local drafts folder but the local copy could
not be checked in to the site.Close any application that is editing the
document or try to check in again , or discard the check out".I have the
production version of the Office suite installed and do not understand why i
am unable to check in a .docx file.I tried checking in a .doc file and i was
able to do it.

I would appreciate a quick response in this regard.Thanks in advance!