Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Eric270 Eric270 is offline

Default Unable to Save or Autorecover in Word

Thanks for taking the time to look at my post, this problem is perplexing me
and I'd appreciate your help!

I'm running XP and Word 2007. Everything was working fine until the other
day when I tried to use microsoft word. Apparently I had accidentally
powered off the computer or something, because when I opened word the
autorecover pane was open. I didn't need the files on there, so clicked the
close button and the mouse turned into the little blue circle (the wait a
second- I'm working symbol!) and just stayed there. I gave it several
minutes but nothing happened so I clicked back on the word window and the
whole screen turned opaque and I got the not responding box. The only way I
could get out of it was to ctrl-alt-delete and close the program. I tried it
again, same result. Then, I tried just opening up one of the documents,
which worked fine but then I tried to save it and the same thing happened.
Then, I tried just typing into word (left the autorecover pane alone) and
saving, same result. I closed the program, restarted the computer, and went
through a similar process, all to the same result. Finally, I went into the
word options and found the file extension where autosaves go. When I clicked
on the browse button, the program froze up again with the same result.

I've searched the help and forums but can't seem to find a thread that
describes a similar problem. Can you please tell me where to look to solve
this problem or how to fix it?

Thanks!
Eric

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Try repairing the installation via Add or Remove Programs in Control Panel.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Eric270" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Eric270 Eric270 is offline

Stefan,

Thanks for your help! I repaired the program (I couldn't repair just
microsoft word, the only option I had was to repair "Microsoft Office
Ultimate 2007" as a whole). I restarted as prompted and tried again. There
was no change; I had the same problem as before in Word.

What should I try next?

Thanks!
--
Eric

[...]