DA3411 DA3411 is offline
Junior Member

Default Printing Quality of Word Doc on a Mac VS PC

Hello,

I hope someone may be able to help me. I created a Word Document on my Mac which includes an Adobe Illustrator .eps graphic. It prints wonderfully on my Mac, totally smooth, no rasterization.

However when I print the same document from a PC, it comes out horribly, the graphic comes out totally bitmapped and jagged.

Does anyone know why this would be?

Thank you in advance,

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
macropod[_2_] macropod[_2_] is offline

Hi DA3411,

The print quality of an EPS graphic is determined by the printer, rather than whether you're using a PC or Mac. For a HQ print, you
need a postscript printer - which is what the Mac is most likely using.

--
Cheers
macropod

"DA3411" wrote in message news

Hello,

I hope someone may be able to help me. I created a Word Document on my
Mac which includes an Adobe Illustrator .eps graphic. It prints
wonderfully on my Mac, totally smooth, no rasterization.

However when I print the same document from a PC, it comes out
horribly, the graphic comes out totally bitmapped and jagged.

Does anyone know why this would be?

Thank you in advance,

DA3411

DA3411 DA3411 is offline
Junior Member

Thank you for the for the feedback.

Might if come out better if I converted my Illustrator .eps into a Photoshop HiRes Tiff?

Thanks Again,

DA

Quote:
Originally Posted by macropod[_2_] View Post
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
macropod[_2_] macropod[_2_] is offline

Hi DA3411,

Probably, though for anything other than fine line-art or tech drawings, jpeg would do just fine.

--
Cheers
macropod
[Microsoft MVP - Word]

"DA3411" wrote in message news

Thank you for the for the feedback.

Might if come out better if I converted my Illustrator .eps into a
Photoshop HiRes Tiff?

Thanks Again,

DA

;435420']Hi DA3411,