Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Carolan Carolan is offline

Default Add customized button

In Word 2003 I was able to add customized macro buttons so I could click on
them to open forms such as my letterhead. I was able to customize the button
so it said LTRH or something similar.

In the Word 2007, I can add the buttons, but I don't seem able to customize
the buttons--I can only select an icon from a list. Is there a way to
customize the bottoms?
--
Carolan
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

CarolAn wrote:
In Word 2003 I was able to add customized macro buttons so I could
click on them to open forms such as my letterhead. I was able to
customize the button so it said LTRH or something similar.

In the Word 2007, I can add the buttons, but I don't seem able to
customize the buttons--I can only select an icon from a list. Is
there a way to customize the bottoms?

If you no longer have a copy of Word 2003 that you can get access to, then
no, there is no way to do that.

If you can get onto 2003, see
http://www.gmayor.com/Toolbars_in_word_2007.htm or
http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Ribbon_Custom_Icons.htm.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Although Greg's quoted web page
(http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Ribbon_Custom_Icons.htm) uses the Word 2003 icon
editor, you can create the icons used in that page with any graphics editor
that will enable you to create icons - such as Windows Paint, so Word 2003
is not a requirement for that particular process. It is also no more
difficult to add a ribbon tab to hold the macros and Greg's alternative page
http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Customize_Ribbon.htm demonstrates that also.