Default Microsoft Office Word 2003

When I got my computer in April 04 (Compaq) MOW 2003 was already installed.
Now I am being asked for a product key to convert to full version, I can't
get into the work I have already started there. Called, got a few product
keys however, they are not working, probably because they too are for a
trial. Why is it not permanantly in there? Does this mean that I have to
remove what I now have and redo? How then can I save what I already have in
there. I am writing a book, don't want to lose what I have already written.

It sounds as if you may have gotten a trial version, or perhaps you just
never activated it? If you had a trial version, then you will have to pay to
get the full version (see €śHow to convert a Office 2003 Trial Edition to a
Full Retail Edition€ť at http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=831023). But if
you just never activated, then you need to find the product key that will be
printed on the Certificate of Authenticity that accompanied the CD you
should have received from Compaq.

" wrote in
message ...