Angelique

Default Normal layout is missing formatting

Using WordXP when I change to Normal Layout on the left side of my document I
can see the style formatting for each line. In Word 2003 this extra column
is gone. How can I get back my per line style preview in Normal Layout? I
am aware of the Styles/Formatting taskpane and that is not what I mean.
Thanks.

Jay Freedman

On Fri, 11 Mar 2005 19:55:02 -0800, Angelique
wrote:

Using WordXP when I change to Normal Layout on the left side of my document I
can see the style formatting for each line. In Word 2003 this extra column
is gone. How can I get back my per line style preview in Normal Layout? I
am aware of the Styles/Formatting taskpane and that is not what I mean.
Thanks.

In Tools Options, near the bottom, set the "Style area width" box to
something larger than 0.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman