Regboy

Default why do my document change date every time I open them

I am using Word 2002 Every time I open a word document it shows the currant
date not the datethat the document was written.
This makes it very inconvenient as I do not then know the actual date the
document was produced.
Could anyone please inform me how to stop this from happening?

The following reply to a similar question was recently posted by MVP Jay
Freedman:

Right-click the date and select Toggle Field Codes. In the field code you'll
see the keyword -- either DATE or TIME -- plus some formatting information.
Change the keyword to CREATEDATE. Right-click and select Update Field.

news