Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Fishman4 Fishman4 is offline

Default Signatures In Protected Forms

I am trying to put an inkpicture control on a form to allow for capturing
signatures. I use a single column, single row table to create a box to
contain the signature (the control will not allow for borders) and then add
the control. It works beautifully even after I protect the document until I
close it and reopen it. At this point, the control has resized itself and
reset its position. In fact, just about every property that I changed is now
back to the default setting. I have tried this several time changeing the
properties of the table, the control, etc to no avail. I am about to have a
meltdown and any help you could provide would be greatly appreciated.
--
Fishman4
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Hi ?B?RmlzaG1hbjQ=?=,

I am trying to put an inkpicture control on a form to allow for capturing
signatures. I use a single column, single row table to create a box to
contain the signature (the control will not allow for borders) and then add
the control. It works beautifully even after I protect the document until I
close it and reopen it. At this point, the control has resized itself and
reset its position. In fact, just about every property that I changed is now
back to the default setting. I have tried this several time changeing the
properties of the table, the control, etc to no avail. I am about to have a
meltdown and any help you could provide would be greatly appreciated.

I take it this is a "custom" ActiveX control (= not one delivered with MS
Office)?

1. Make sure to place the control in an unprotected section of the document

2. Make sure the control is positioned graphically to be "in-line" with the text
(no text flow formatting)

If these steps don't help, you'll need an AutoOpen macro to reset the properties
whenever the document is opened. (Analagous to needing to fill the list of a
ComboBox or ListBox ActiveX control.)

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org