Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Pete Pete is offline

Default How do I hide the paragraph symbols when composing an email?

I accidentally hit one or more keys on my keyboard and all of a sudden the
paragraph symbols and other junk appears on every email I create. How do I
get rid of them? I use Outlook, and my operating system is Windows XP
Professional Version 2002, service pack 3. Thanks. Pete
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

If your complaint were about Word, we would tell you to press Ctrl-
Shift-8 again.

But for Outlook, you'll have to ask in an Outlook group.

Your recipients, however, will not see the non-printing characters,
and you can do a better job generally when word processing if you keep
them visible (at least the paragraph and tab marks).

On Jun 5, 5:25*pm, Pete wrote:
I accidentally hit one or more keys on my keyboard and all of a sudden the
paragraph symbols and other junk appears on every email I create. How do I
get rid of them? *I use Outlook, and my operating system is Windows XP
Professional Version 2002, service pack 3. *Thanks. Pete

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

That keyboard shortcut does the same thing in Outlook.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.