Mailmerge failure

Old June 12th 17, 06:16 PM
bobgrand bobgrand is offline

Default Mailmerge failure

Hello all,
I am using Office 2013. I need to make item identification labels for bins we have on our shelves. I created a list in excel (.xlsx) of 200+ items that I need to merge into word for my label template. I start with a fresh blank document. I then proceed to Step-by-Step Mailmerge wizard. Step:1 I select Labels. Step:2 I am prompted to change document layout and so by selecting label options and selecting a template I created. I then select recipients and go to where my excel list is located stored locally. I change my data source which is excel file extensions. When I select my file I am asked to confirm my data source. I am prompted to select 3 sources. OLE DB Database Files, MS Excel Woreksheets via DDE (*.xls), and Excel Files via ODBC (*.xls,xlsx,xlsm,xlsb). I selected each one of these options and each time it fails. I get the Microsoft window stating "Something went wrong" I then receive a prompt to select the entire spread sheet. I select my spreadsheet and get the "Something went wrong" message again. The Mail Merge Recipients window pops up. Everything looks ok. I proceed to the next step and every label show Next Record. I cannot get my list of items into my labels.

I know I babbled a bit but I wanted to be sure my direction was right.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Thank you
Bob

Word Failure getafix Microsoft Word Help 1 September 8th 09 02:10 AM
links failure MMAP HQ New Users 0 July 21st 09 05:17 PM
failure to pay letter Browneyes Microsoft Word Help 2 July 25th 07 03:24 PM
Command Failure lhc Microsoft Word Help 1 June 5th 07 11:17 AM
get data failure Curt Mailmerge 1 February 11th 07 09:58 AM