Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Woody Woody is offline

Default Can word act like NotePad?

Sometimes I copy things to Notepad because all hidden codes need to be
stripped out and I need to have lines that extent a long ways out to the
right. (no Word Wrap)

The thought occurred to me that perhaps WORD has some mechanism for acting
in a similar way. Does it?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
p0 p0 is offline

On Feb 13, 8:26*pm, Woody wrote:
Sometimes I copy things to Notepad because all hidden codes need to be
stripped out and I need to have lines that extent a long ways out to the
right. *(no Word Wrap)

The thought occurred to me that perhaps WORD has some mechanism for acting
in a similar way. *Does it?

You could use "Paste without formatting". On the Home tab in Word
2007, click the arrow at the bottom of the "Paste" button and click
"Paste Special...". You will be presented with the option to paste as
unformatted text.

Yves
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Woody Woody is offline

Thank you.

Any suggestions with regard to next that may need to be extended far to the
right?

"p0" wrote:

On Feb 13, 8:26 pm, Woody wrote:
Sometimes I copy things to Notepad because all hidden codes need to be
stripped out and I need to have lines that extent a long ways out to the
right. (no Word Wrap)

The thought occurred to me that perhaps WORD has some mechanism for acting
in a similar way. Does it?

You could use "Paste without formatting". On the Home tab in Word
2007, click the arrow at the bottom of the "Paste" button and click
"Paste Special...". You will be presented with the option to paste as
unformatted text.

Yves

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Beth Melton Beth Melton is offline

The Notepad will wrap at 1,024 characters. The only option you have in Word
is to wrap the text to fit the window which is much lower than 1,204
characters. If you want to see if this works for you, click the Office
Button, click Word Options, and in the Advanced section under "Show document
control" turn on "Show text wrapped within the document window". Note this
only applies to Draft view and you will not see a change in Print Layout
view.

--
Beth Melton

Guides for the Office 2007 Interface: