Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
penciline

Default Curly Brace on 2-lines: How to?

Dear Users:

I am trying to enclose 2 lines of text with one curly brace at the end and
then type a line in the middle on the other side to label what these 2 lines
are supposed to mean. Here's an example diagram:
\
line 1 /
- label
line 2 \
/

My text is 10 point so I think I should make my curly brace 20 point. But
then how do I control the placement of the curly brace? I tried using word
art and text box but I'm having difficulty with the placement of the
brace--it keeps jumping around the document. Is there a better way?

Thanks in advance for any help.

--
-=- penciline -=-
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

Use the curly bracket from autoshapes basic shapes (from the drawing
toolbar). Position it on the page and drag the handles to the size required.
(Tip - if you need more than one, save the finished version as an autotext
entry.)
The text you can position in relation to the bracket using standard
paragraph formatting and indents.
Forgive the tiny GIF attachment - it's Christmas

penciline wrote:
Dear Users:

I am trying to enclose 2 lines of text with one curly brace at the
end and then type a line in the middle on the other side to label
what these 2 lines are supposed to mean. Here's an example diagram:
\
line 1 /
- label
line 2 \
/

My text is 10 point so I think I should make my curly brace 20 point.
But then how do I control the placement of the curly brace? I tried
using word art and text box but I'm having difficulty with the
placement of the brace--it keeps jumping around the document. Is
there a better way?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Attached Images