Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ed

Default Either format numbers in cell or comma on 10-key?

I have to type large numbers into a Word table. Is there a way in Word to
either format the table cells so a comma is automatically inserted at the
thousands position? If not, is there a ~recommended and feasible~ way to
map a comma onto the 10-key portion of my keyboard?

Thank you.
Ed

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Carol

ALT + 044 will give you a comma, if that's any help to you.
--
Carol A. Bratt, MCP

"Ed" wrote:

I have to type large numbers into a Word table. Is there a way in Word to
either format the table cells so a comma is automatically inserted at the
thousands position? If not, is there a ~recommended and feasible~ way to
map a comma onto the 10-key portion of my keyboard?

Thank you.
Ed

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman

You can assign a comma to a key, for example the * key on the number
pad.

Open a document based on the template in which you want to store this
customization. Then run the following macro (it only needs to be run
once, and the template then needs to be saved):

Sub AssignCommaToNumPadStar()
CustomizationContext = ActiveDocument.AttachedTemplate
KeyBindings.Add KeyCategory:=wdKeyCategorySymbol, _
Command:=",", _
KeyCode:=BuildKeyCode(wdKeyNumericMultiply)
End Sub

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

On Wed, 12 Apr 2006 12:30:25 -0700, "Ed"
wrote:

I have to type large numbers into a Word table. Is there a way in Word to
either format the table cells so a comma is automatically inserted at the
thousands position? If not, is there a ~recommended and feasible~ way to
map a comma onto the 10-key portion of my keyboard?

Thank you.
Ed

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ed

Thank you, Jay! I appreciate this. I thought I might have to reassign a
key permanently through Windows - but this can be done isolated to a certain
Word template? That's great!
Ed