Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
tre tre is offline

Default Keyboard shortcuts keep changing (e.g. from Ctrl-V to Shift-Insert

Perhaps since I installed Khmer unicode on my PC, Word 2002 seems to keep
changing the keyboard shortcuts for basic copy, cut and paste. I have always
had Ctrl-C, Ctrl-V and Ctrl-X. Now it's Shift-Del, Ctrl-Insert etc.
I thought I had fixed the problem when I discovered the Comaptibility
setting on Custom. However, now I see these (and a number of other) shortcut
combinations have changed again and I cannot work out what's doing it. The
Compatibility setting is Microsoft Word 2002 as it sould be.
Cheers,
TRE
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Hi ?B?VFJF?=,

Perhaps since I installed Khmer unicode on my PC, Word 2002 seems to keep
changing the keyboard shortcuts for basic copy, cut and paste. I have always
had Ctrl-C, Ctrl-V and Ctrl-X. Now it's Shift-Del, Ctrl-Insert etc.
I thought I had fixed the problem when I discovered the Comaptibility
setting on Custom. However, now I see these (and a number of other) shortcut
combinations have changed again and I cannot work out what's doing it. The
Compatibility setting is Microsoft Word 2002 as it sould be.

The Shift-Del, etc. are the really old, Window 3.0 shortcuts; the Ctrl+X, etc.
are newer versions. But both should work on a default installation of Windows
and Word (any version). Is it just a shortcut you're seeing in a menu, or do
the actual shortcuts no longer work?

Does this "Khmer unicode" install anything besides a font? Does it also install
an Add-in of some sort, or a template?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
tre tre is offline

Default Keyboard shortcuts keep changing (e.g. from Ctrl-V to Shift-In

The shortcuts are listed on the drop down menus. In at least some cases the
"modern" shortcuts do not work at all.
I cannot see any Template or Add-in via the Tools_Templates and Add-ins
menu. There is just the Normal document template and the Remove Hidden Data
Tool add-in.
Thanks for any further thoughts.

"Cindy M." wrote:

Hi ?B?VFJF?=,

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Hi ?B?VFJF?=,

The shortcuts are listed on the drop down menus.

This can happen, but the other shortcuts should still work...

In at least some cases the
"modern" shortcuts do not work at all.
I cannot see any Template or Add-in via the Tools_Templates and Add-ins
menu. There is just the Normal document template and the Remove Hidden Data
Tool add-in.

Only a template add-in could "short circuit" the actual keyboard commands. But
a COM Add-in or something at the Windows level could pre-empt the Clipboard...
Hmmm, it would be easier to trouble-shoot if the problem could be reproduced
"at will". But the next time it happens, try exiting Word then holding down
CTRL when starting it again to go into Safe Mode. If the problem consistently
goes away in Safe Mode then we're likely looking at something in Word (a COM
Add-in, maybe).

If it doesn't, then it's more likely something under Windows.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I'm wondering if this could be one of the many unpredictable results of
enabling the WordPerfect options (Tools | Options | General).

"TRE" wrote in message
The shortcuts are listed on the drop down menus. In at least some cases

the
"modern" shortcuts do not work at all.
I cannot see any Template or Add-in via the Tools_Templates and Add-ins
menu. There is just the Normal document template and the Remove Hidden

Data
Tool add-in.
Thanks for any further thoughts.

"Cindy M." wrote:

[...]