Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
AMH AMH is offline

Default List Recent Documents Alphabetically

It seems (I'm not 100% sure this is so) that Recent Documents are listed in
the order of use. Is there a way to list them alphabetically?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Your assumption is correct; the most recent document is always at the top of
the list of recent documents in Word.

Via the user interface, there is no way "sort" the list (unless manually
opening the documents in the appropriate order, of course).

Ask in a programming newsgroup, such as microsoft.public.word.vba.general to
find out if this can be automated; if there is a way, someone there is likely
to know.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"AMH" wrote:

It seems (I'm not 100% sure this is so) that Recent Documents are listed in
the order of use. Is there a way to list them alphabetically?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Via the user interface, there is no way "sort" the list (unless manually
opening the documents in the appropriate order, of course).

Correction: *besides* manually opening the documents...

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP