George M. Lutz

Default Merge multiple documents?

I am a bankruptcy attorney who practices in an "electronic" court.
That is, all filing with the court is done electronically.

I have designed merges for almost all of the usual filings. A typical
filing consists of three separate documents: the motion itself, the
notice, and a proposed order. Each merge I have designed is one
document. I merge that document with a data file, respond to the
prompts, and the result is the three items I need, strung together as
one. I then have to cut two of the documents out, and paste them into
a new document, to get three separate documents to file.

If I created three separate merge forms, I would have to run a merge
for each of them, respond to the prompts for each of them, etc.

Is there a way that I could run a merge exercise one time, with the
result being three separate Word documents?

Thanks for your input.

Best Regards,

George Lutz
Doug Robbins

If the length of each document is not more than a single page, you could use
the following macro:

Sub splitter()

'

' splitter Macro

' Macro created 16-08-98 by Doug Robbins to save each page of a document

' as a separate file with the name Page#.DOC

'

Selection.HomeKey Unit:=wdStory

Pages = ActiveDocument.BuiltInDocumentProperties(wdPropert yPages)

Counter = 0

While Counter Pages

Counter = Counter + 1

DocName = "Page" & Format(Counter)

ActiveDocument.Bookmarks("\Page").Range.Cut

Documents.Add

Selection.Paste

ActiveDocument.SaveAs FileName:=DocName, FileFormat:= _

wdFormatDocument, LockComments:=False, Password:="",
AddToRecentFiles:= _

True, WritePassword:="", ReadOnlyRecommended:=False,
EmbedTrueTypeFonts:= _

False, SaveNativePictureFormat:=False, SaveFormsData:=False, _

SaveAsAOCELetter:=False

ActiveWindow.Close

Wend

End Sub

If that is not the case, use a section break to separate the individual
documents and then use:

Sub splitter()

' splitter Macro

' Macro created by Doug Robbins to save each letter created by a mailmerge
as a separate file.

Dim i As Long, Source as Document, Target as Document, Letter as Range
Set Source = ActiveDocument
For i = 1 to Source.Sections.Count
Set Letter = Source.Sections(i).Range
Letter.End=Letter.End-1