Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Janet A. Thompson Janet A. Thompson is offline

Default 2007, Same as Previous Not acting like it did in 2003

Often, I think I'm fixing a mirrow margin doc that I want to have a different
layout than in a preceding odd or even section only to find I'm not. The
section breaks were put in by Next Page Section break. Starting at the end
of the document, I clicked on Same as Previous on both the footer and the
header thinking I can now format the section differently than the above
section then find the tabs were moved to match the bottom section.

Is there a tutorial about this in 2007.
--
Janet A.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

If the Footer style is set to update automatically, then any changes you
make in tab settings in one footer will be propagated to all footers.

http://word.mvps.org

"Janet A. Thompson" wrote in message
Often, I think I'm fixing a mirrow margin doc that I want to have a
different
layout than in a preceding odd or even section only to find I'm not. The
section breaks were put in by Next Page Section break. Starting at the
end
of the document, I clicked on Same as Previous on both the footer and the
header thinking I can now format the section differently than the above
section then find the tabs were moved to match the bottom section.

Is there a tutorial about this in 2007.
--
Janet A.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Did you remember to unlink both the odd and even footer of the section?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Maybe I misunderstood your original post, but I got the impression that you
are also using "Different odd and even" (in the Page Setup dialog box) so
that you can have different odd and even headers (and footers)?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP