Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
cchitsiang cchitsiang is offline

Default About Equation Tool

To who are to be concerned,

I am Chew Chit Siang, a student from TUNKU ABDUL RAHMAN COLLEGE from Malaysia.
I am the last year student and doing my final year Computer Science and
Statistic project right now. My fyp topic is EasyMath software that allow
users to enter the equation and the software will calculate the answer for
users and also included steps for getting answer. This sound interesting and
makes me want to complete this project but I facing one problem that
inserting mathematical equation like Equation Tool in MS Word 2007.
So the purpose of my email is wanna to ask about can anyone to help me in
inserting equation? or can I integrate the Equation Tool into my fyp software
to be developed?

Thanks first! Cheers...

Best Regards,
Chew Chit Siang
Student of TARC
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Hello Chew

I remember the TAR who was your PM from when I live in Singapore back in the
sixties (which will give you a clue about my age).

IMHO, I don't believe that the new Equation Editor (EE) in Word 2007 is
ready for serious prime time use. So I recommend you use the legacy Equation
v3.0. You get to this from Insert | Object and choose Microsoft Equation
3.0. (You can add a shortcut to the QAT).

Once you have selected the legacy EE, it is a matter of typing numbers and
selecting the type of equation in the required order. I suggest that you
experiment with it. EE 3.0 is actually a cut down version of MathType and
you can upgrade to the full version. There is a 30-day trial of MathType
that you can download to install and if you find that you don't want to
purchase it at the end of the month, it reverts to reduced functionality but
it will still maintain more functionality than the native version in Word.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP