kaneda0149 kaneda0149 is offline
Junior Member

Smile Macro To Set Salutation Line

I have a mail merge letter document already in place where there are four (4) address lines available to pre-fill (if available) that already suppress the blank lines if additional address lines are not there. What I'm trying to accomplish is to ALWAYS have my saluation line, which begins with "Dear, to start at 3.8" position. Is there a macro to do this? I know I can do this manually but it's so time consuming especially when I have a lot of documents to go through. All your help would be great!

Thanks in advance.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
macropod[_2_] macropod[_2_] is offline

Default Macro To Set Salutation Line

Hi kaneda0149,

The simplest appraoch is to put your address lines inside a table cell with the desired fixed row height. That way, the suppression
of the unused lines won't affect the layout of the rest of the page.

--
Cheers
macropod

"kaneda0149" wrote in message ...

I have a mail merge letter document already in place where there are
four (4) address lines available to pre-fill (if available) that
already suppress the blank lines if additional address lines are not
there. What I'm trying to accomplish is to ALWAYS have my saluation
line, which begins with "Dear, to start at 3.8" position. Is there a
macro to do this? I know I can do this manually but it's so time
consuming especially when I have a lot of documents to go through. All
your help would be great!

Thanks in advance.

--
kaneda0149

kaneda0149 kaneda0149 is offline
Junior Member

Thanks macropod, so sorry for the delayed response. I've resolved my issue by inserting a frame instead. It worked perfectly!

how to write salutation Zalika Microsoft Word Help 1 August 28th 08 03:08 PM
What salutation should be used when person's name is not known?? drg2112 Microsoft Word Help 4 January 10th 06 07:49 AM
Salutation joanne Microsoft Word Help 2 April 21st 05 04:04 PM
Adding Salutation Field with name Mel Mailmerge 1 March 3rd 05 01:45 PM
Automatic Salutation ozziemale Microsoft Word Help 2 January 26th 05 03:33 PM