#1   Report Post  

Default Preserve formatting using paste link - Excel - Word

Hi

I'm using Excel and Word 2007.
I have a spreadsheet which contains data for a monthly report which contains charts and data tables, these are formatted to the size and layout I transfer to the word document.

I have used paste special / paste link, and use the excel format options.

When I use prepare links in word I have the "Preserve formatting after update" ticked.

Problem
1/ When pasting content it does not maintain the correct sizing, usually is smaller 97%, I have to use format object and re-size to 100%.

2/ Sometimes the content will be much larger or smaller and resize will not work, I have to re-paste the link to correct the sizing.

Can anyone suggest a method that will provide consistent results?

Many Thanks Phil