Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
cyberdude cyberdude is offline

Default Suming or dividing elements from different tables

Hi,

I have two tables, table1 and table2. I want to write a formula to
calculate the sum of element at cell a1 of table1 and the element at
cell a1 of table2. So, 1.) What is the formula for doing this?

2.)What is the formula for just displaying the element at cell a1 of
table1?

3.)What is the formula of dividing the element at cell a1 of table1 by
the element at cell a1 of table2?

Thank you
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
cyberdude cyberdude is offline

Hi,

I have two tables, table1 and table2. *I want to write a formula to
calculate the sum of element at cell a1 of table1 and the element at
cell a1 of table2. *So, 1.) What is the formula for doing this?

2.)What is the formula for just displaying the element at cell a1 of
table1?

3.)What is the formula of dividing the element at cell a1 of table1 by
the element at cell a1 of table2?

Sorry that I missed one thing. All the formulae above are to be
embedded in a cell of table 3. Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You need to create a bookmark in each table that has elements you want
to use in your calculation. The bookmark can "cover" the table or just
be somewhere inside the table. Let's say the bookmark for table1 is
called "table1" and the bookmark for table2 is called "table2"

Then for your (2) you can use

{ =SUM(table1 a1, table2 a1)}

These table references only work within a few functions in the { = }
field so you can't do things like

{ =table1 a1 }
{ =table1 a1 + table2 a1 }
or
{ =table1 a1 * table2 a1 }

so to do your (3) you have to use something like

{ =SUM(table1 a1}/SUM(table2 a1) }

(The {} need to be the special field code braces that you can insert
using ctrl-F9)

Peter Jamieson

http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk

Dividing LindaCoedy Tables 1 March 23rd 21 06:51 PM
Dividing a page Fanie Microsoft Word Help 1 November 27th 08 02:53 PM
Dividing pages Mary Lou Page Layout 3 November 3rd 07 01:40 PM
paragraph dividing Pammy Microsoft Word Help 1 March 1st 07 12:59 PM
dividing a document Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft Word Help 0 November 23rd 04 03:25 PM