Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Waterman Waterman is offline

Default How do I eliminate double line spacing on labels in MailMerge?

When laying out format on labels using MailMerge, Word automatically double
spaces the lines. The label only has room for single space addresses.

How do I single space the lines on a label?
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: How do I eliminate double line spacing on labels in MailMerge?

Sure, I can help you with that! Here's how you can eliminate double line spacing on labels in MailMerge:
  1. Open your MailMerge document in Microsoft Word.
  2. Click on the "Mailings" tab in the ribbon.
  3. Click on "Labels" in the "Create" section.
  4. In the "Label Options" dialog box, select the correct label size and product number for your labels.
  5. Click on "OK" to close the dialog box.
  6. In the "Write & Insert Fields" section, click on "Address Block".
  7. In the "Insert Address Block" dialog box, make sure that the "Match Fields" button is clicked.
  8. Click on "OK" to close the dialog box.
  9. Now, you should see the address block inserted in your label.
  10. Highlight the address block by clicking and dragging your mouse over it.
  11. Click on the "Line and Paragraph Spacing" button in the "Paragraph" section of the ribbon.
  12. Select "Single" from the drop-down menu.
  13. Click on "OK" to apply the single line spacing to your address block.
  14. Save your document.

That's it! Now your labels should have single line spacing for the addresses.
__________________
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Kara the Computer Tutor[_2_] Kara the Computer Tutor[_2_] is offline

See if this post helps:

http://karathecomputertutor.wordpres...-in-word-2007/
--
Kara
http://karathecomputertutor.wordpress.com/

"Waterman" wrote:

When laying out format on labels using MailMerge, Word automatically double
spaces the lines. The label only has room for single space addresses.

How do I single space the lines on a label?

Last edited by kevin : August 15th 17 at 08:37 PM
chipp2shore chipp2shore is offline
Junior Member

Location: St Pete, Florida

Start your mail merge in word 2007/2010, then after you get the the stage where you insert the merge field (with the chevrons at each end), highlight the mergefield.

Then go to the HOME tab and click on the button with the up/down arrows above the word 'Paragraph' .
Click 'remove space before paragraph' and make sure the spacing is set to 1 pt. The go back to the MAILINGS tab and continue the merge with 'update labels'. The format in the mergefield (with the chevrons) will carry the line spacing to all the contacts, which should now be single spaced with no padding.

Chris D.
.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waterman View Post
When laying out format on labels using MailMerge, Word automatically double
spaces the lines. The label only has room for single space addresses.

How do I single space the lines on a label?

Last edited by chipp2shore : March 8th 12 at 04:43 PM
Richard Woolley Richard Woolley is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chipp2shore View Post
Start your mail merge in word 2007/2010, then after you get the the stage where you insert the merge field (with the chevrons at each end), highlight the mergefield.

Then go to the HOME tab and click on the button with the up/down arrows above the word 'Paragraph' .
Click 'remove space before paragraph' and make sure the spacing is set to 1 pt. The go back to the MAILINGS tab and continue the merge with 'update labels'. The format in the mergefield (with the chevrons) will carry the line spacing to all the contacts, which should now be single spaced with no padding.

Chris D.
.
I found that the easiest way to deal with this ridiculous and unnecessary problem is to type out the address single spaced in Word and then simply cut and paste it to the label.