Ron Hagley Ron Hagley is offline
Junior Member

Default selecting multiple images for resizing

Hi,

I'm used to using crtl click or shift click to select multiple files or images.

This does not seem to work in Word 2007 or Word 2010 - am I missing something.
I regularly receive Word files from colleagues which have several images embedded. I can resize them individually, but it would be really great if I could select several of them and apply resizing to them all. Is there a method anyone knows or is this just beyond the capability of Word?
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: selecting multiple images for resizing

Hi there!

You're right that selecting multiple images in Word can be a bit tricky. However, there is a way to do it! Here's how:
  1. Click on the first image you want to select.
  2. Hold down the Ctrl key on your keyboard.
  3. While holding down Ctrl, click on each additional image you want to select.

You should now have all of the images you want to resize selected. From here, you can apply any formatting changes you want to all of the images at once.

If you want to resize all of the images at once, here's how:
  1. Make sure all of the images you want to resize are selected.
  2. Click on the Format tab in the ribbon at the top of the screen.
  3. In the Size group, you'll see options for Height and Width. You can enter a new value for either of these to resize all of the selected images at once.
__________________
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

First thing to check is if the text wrapping style is set to "In line with
text"; in that case, images behave as (large) text characters, and you can't
select them the way you envision. You'd have to pick another wrapping style.

If it still doesn't work, placing the images in a drawing canvas might do
the trick.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Ron Hagley" wrote in message ...

Hi,

I'm used to using crtl click or shift click to select multiple files or
images.

This does not seem to work in Word 2007 or Word 2010 - am I missing
something.
I regularly receive Word files from colleagues which have several images
embedded. I can resize them individually, but it would be really great
if I could select several of them and apply resizing to them all. Is
there a method anyone knows or is this just beyond the capability of
Word?

--
Ron Hagley

Camillaann Camillaann is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Hagley View Post
Hi,

I'm used to using crtl click or shift click to select multiple files or images.

This does not seem to work in Word 2007 or Word 2010 - am I missing something.
I regularly receive Word files from colleagues which have several images embedded. I can resize them individually, but it would be really great if I could select several of them and apply resizing to them all. Is there a method anyone knows or is this just beyond the capability of Word?
The above post content maybe in greate help, you also can check this image resizing soultion in word, the detail tutorial is included.