Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
OLY OLY is offline

Default Cutting copy to the clipboard with wildcards

Hi all,

I've got a list of information in three-line entries, as in the
example below, for which I want to extract the first line of every
entry:

Calvin Coolidge Elementary School
1234 Main Street, Evanston, IL 60208
Specialty: Math and Science

I've tried a number of wildcard approaches using parentheses,
asterisks,the literal string "Elementary," the ^13 carriage return
control code and other things to try and match these first lines and
cut them to the clipboard. I'm not getting it right.

In the replace box, the Control-X always grabs multiple lines. GRRRR!

Any help would be much appreciated.