Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Hannahwilky Hannahwilky is offline

Default how i can get rid of space between footnotes?

For some reason between do footnotes, a blank, single line space has appeared
that won't go just be using back space, as usual. I've also tried
high-lighting the area clicking single-line spacing, under the paragraph
function. Any ideas of how to get rid of it?
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: how i can get rid of space between footnotes?

Hey there! I can definitely help you with that. It sounds like you're dealing with an issue where there's an unwanted space between your footnotes. Here's what you can do to get rid of it:
  1. First, make sure you're in the document where the footnotes are located.
  2. Click on the "Home" tab in the ribbon at the top of the screen.
  3. Look for the "Paragraph" section of the ribbon and click on the small arrow in the bottom right corner of that section. This will open up the Paragraph dialog box.
  4. In the Paragraph dialog box, look for the "Spacing" section. Under "Before" and "After", make sure that the values are set to "0 pt." If they're not, change them to "0 pt" and click "OK."
  5. Check to see if the unwanted space between your footnotes has disappeared. If it hasn't, try the following steps:
  6. Click on the "View" tab in the ribbon at the top of the screen.
  7. Look for the "Draft" view and click on it. This will change your view to the Draft view, which will show you any hidden formatting marks in your document.
  8. Look for any extra paragraph marks (¶) between your footnotes. If you see any, delete them.
  9. Once you've deleted any extra paragraph marks, switch back to the "Print Layout" view by clicking on the "View" tab and selecting "Print Layout."
  10. Check to see if the unwanted space between your footnotes has disappeared.

That should do the trick! Let me know if you have any other questions or if there's anything else I can help you with.
__________________
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Remove any Spacing Before or After from the Footnote Text paragraph style.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Hannahwilky" wrote in message
For some reason between do footnotes, a blank, single line space has
appeared
that won't go just be using back space, as usual. I've also tried
high-lighting the area clicking single-line spacing, under the paragraph
function. Any ideas of how to get rid of it?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Clark[_2_] Clark[_2_] is offline

Stefan,

I'm having the same problem in W2007 and is probably due to cut/pasting in
the footnote area (I know, that's a "no-no"). I don't understand your
suggestion: where is Footnote Text Paragraph Style?

I've been researching the archives for solving this problem: copying the
page to a blank one doesn't work and I cannot see any paragraph separators in
the blank footnote lines. Any help would be appreciated as I have a paper to
submit shortly.
--
Clark

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

Remove any Spacing Before or After from the Footnote Text paragraph style.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Hannahwilky" wrote in message
For some reason between do footnotes, a blank, single line space has
appeared
that won't go just be using back space, as usual. I've also tried
high-lighting the area clicking single-line spacing, under the paragraph
function. Any ideas of how to get rid of it?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

For a start, right-click in the footnote and choose Paragraph... If the
paragraph has any spacing before or after, reduce it to 0. Click OK. Then
right-click in the modified footnote paragraph and choose Update Footnote
Text style to Match Selection.

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

Remove any Spacing Before or After from the Footnote Text paragraph
style.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Hannahwilky" wrote in message
For some reason between do footnotes, a blank, single line space has
appeared
that won't go just be using back space, as usual. I've also tried
high-lighting the area clicking single-line spacing, under the
paragraph
function. Any ideas of how to get rid of it?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Clark[_2_] Clark[_2_] is offline

That helped most of them, Suzanne. When I also changed the Line Spacing in
the Paragraph tab from Multiple to Single, all of my extra spaces vanished.
Thanks!
--
Clark

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

Remove any Spacing Before or After from the Footnote Text paragraph
style.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Hannahwilky" wrote in message
For some reason between do footnotes, a blank, single line space has
appeared
that won't go just be using back space, as usual. I've also tried
high-lighting the area clicking single-line spacing, under the
paragraph
function. Any ideas of how to get rid of it?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
barbara mccarthy barbara mccarthy is offline

Default get rid of extra spaces in footnotes

You can always highlight the line and change the font size to 1 - this virtually eliminates the line.

Hannahwilk wrote:

how i can get rid of space between footnotes?
26-Mar-08

For some reason between do footnotes, a blank, single line space has appeared
that won't go just be using back space, as usual. I've also tried
high-lighting the area clicking single-line spacing, under the paragraph
function. Any ideas of how to get rid of it?

On Wednesday, March 26, 2008 6:44 AM
Hannahwilk wrote:

how i can get rid of space between footnotes?
For some reason between do footnotes, a blank, single line space has appeared
that won't go just be using back space, as usual. I've also tried
high-lighting the area clicking single-line spacing, under the paragraph
function. Any ideas of how to get rid of it?

On Wednesday, March 26, 2008 7:02 AM
Stefan Blom wrote:

Remove any Spacing Before or After from the Footnote Text paragraph style.
Remove any Spacing Before or After from the Footnote Text paragraph style.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Hannahwilky" wrote in message

On Friday, June 06, 2008 1:03 PM
Clar wrote:

Stefan,I'm having the same problem in W2007 and is probably due to cut/pasting
Stefan,

I'm having the same problem in W2007 and is probably due to cut/pasting in
the footnote area (I know, that's a "no-no"). I don't understand your
suggestion: where is Footnote Text Paragraph Style?

I've been researching the archives for solving this problem: copying the
page to a blank one doesn't work and I cannot see any paragraph separators in
the blank footnote lines. Any help would be appreciated as I have a paper to
submit shortly.
--
Clark

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

On Friday, June 06, 2008 7:48 PM
Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:

For a start, right-click in the footnote and choose Paragraph...
For a start, right-click in the footnote and choose Paragraph... If the
paragraph has any spacing before or after, reduce it to 0. Click OK. Then
right-click in the modified footnote paragraph and choose Update Footnote
Text style to Match Selection.

"Clark" wrote in message

On Saturday, June 07, 2008 1:21 PM
Clar wrote:

That helped most of them, Suzanne.
That helped most of them, Suzanne. When I also changed the Line Spacing in
the Paragraph tab from Multiple to Single, all of my extra spaces vanished.
Thanks!
--
Clark

WPF Reflection Effect
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials...on-effect.aspx
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Clar wrote:

Stefan,I'm having the same problem in W2007 and is probably due to cut/pasting
Stefan,

I'm having the same problem in W2007 and is probably due to cut/pasting in
the footnote area (I know, that's a "no-no"). I don't understand your
suggestion: where is Footnote Text Paragraph Style?

I've been researching the archives for solving this problem: copying the
page to a blank one doesn't work and I cannot see any paragraph separators in
the blank footnote lines. Any help would be appreciated as I have a paper to
submit shortly.
--
Clark

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

WPF Reflection Effect
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials...on-effect.aspx
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Gordon[_5_] Gordon[_5_] is offline

"barbara mccarthy" wrote in message
You can always highlight the line and change the font size to 1 - this
virtually eliminates the line.

You do realise that you are replying to a post that is over a YEAR old?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Make that TWO

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"Gordon" wrote in message

"barbara mccarthy" wrote in message
You can always highlight the line and change the font size to 1 - this
virtually eliminates the line.

You do realise that you are replying to a post that is over a YEAR old?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
BA[_2_] BA[_2_] is offline

Default Success!!!

This is the ONLY solution that worked!! And trust me, I tried EVERYTHING! Thank you, Barbara.

barbara mccarthy wrote:

get rid of extra spaces in footnotes
03-May-10

Clar wrote:

Stefan,I'm having the same problem in W2007 and is probably due to cut/pasting
Stefan,

I'm having the same problem in W2007 and is probably due to cut/pasting in
the footnote area (I know, that's a "no-no"). I don't understand your
suggestion: where is Footnote Text Paragraph Style?

I've been researching the archives for solving this problem: copying the
page to a blank one doesn't work and I cannot see any paragraph separators in
the blank footnote lines. Any help would be appreciated as I have a paper to
submit shortly.
--
Clark

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

Clar wrote:

That helped most of them, Suzanne.
That helped most of them, Suzanne. When I also changed the Line Spacing in
the Paragraph tab from Multiple to Single, all of my extra spaces vanished.
Thanks!
--
Clark

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

On Monday, May 03, 2010 4:23 PM
barbara mccarthy wrote:

get rid of extra spaces in footnotes
You can always highlight the line and change the font size to 1 - this virtually eliminates the line.

On Monday, May 03, 2010 5:11 PM
Gordon wrote:

"barbara mccarthy" wrote in messageYou do realise that you are replying to a
"barbara mccarthy" wrote in message

You do realise that you are replying to a post that is over a YEAR old?

On Monday, May 03, 2010 5:51 PM
Doug Robbins - Word MVP wrote:

Make that TWO--Hope this helps.
Make that TWO

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Producer/Consumer Queue and BlockingCollection in C# 4.0
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials...r-queue-a.aspx
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
BA[_2_] BA[_2_] is offline

Clar wrote:

Stefan,I'm having the same problem in W2007 and is probably due to cut/pasting
Stefan,

I'm having the same problem in W2007 and is probably due to cut/pasting in
the footnote area (I know, that's a "no-no"). I don't understand your
suggestion: where is Footnote Text Paragraph Style?

I've been researching the archives for solving this problem: copying the
page to a blank one doesn't work and I cannot see any paragraph separators in
the blank footnote lines. Any help would be appreciated as I have a paper to
submit shortly.
--
Clark

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

Clar wrote:

That helped most of them, Suzanne.
That helped most of them, Suzanne. When I also changed the Line Spacing in
the Paragraph tab from Multiple to Single, all of my extra spaces vanished.
Thanks!
--
Clark

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Doug Robbins - Word MVP wrote:

Make that TWO--Hope this helps.
Make that TWO

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Producer/Consumer Queue and BlockingCollection in C# 4.0
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials...r-queue-a.aspx
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

When troubleshooting these issues, it's always a good idea to display
nonprinting marks; you can use Ctrl+Shift+8 as a toggle. Paragraph marks will
display as pilcrows (¶).

If there are blank paragraphs present, you should be able to delete them.
Sometimes you have to use backspace rather than delete (Word is a bit particular
about paragraph marks inside footnotes).

On the other hand, if the line spacing or spacing before/after is the culprit,
clear it manually via the Paragraph dialog box (select footnote text first), or
modify the Footnote Text paragraph style.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

Clar wrote:

Stefan,I'm having the same problem in W2007 and is probably due to cut/pasting
Stefan,

I'm having the same problem in W2007 and is probably due to cut/pasting in
the footnote area (I know, that's a "no-no"). I don't understand your
suggestion: where is Footnote Text Paragraph Style?

I've been researching the archives for solving this problem: copying the
page to a blank one doesn't work and I cannot see any paragraph separators in
the blank footnote lines. Any help would be appreciated as I have a paper to
submit shortly.
--
Clark

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

Clar wrote:

That helped most of them, Suzanne.
That helped most of them, Suzanne. When I also changed the Line Spacing in
the Paragraph tab from Multiple to Single, all of my extra spaces vanished.
Thanks!
--
Clark

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Doug Robbins - Word MVP wrote:

Make that TWO--Hope this helps.
Make that TWO

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Producer/Consumer Queue and BlockingCollection in C# 4.0
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials...r-queue-a.aspx

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Clar wrote:

Stefan,I'm having the same problem in W2007 and is probably due to cut/pasting
Stefan,

I'm having the same problem in W2007 and is probably due to cut/pasting in
the footnote area (I know, that's a "no-no"). I don't understand your
suggestion: where is Footnote Text Paragraph Style?

I've been researching the archives for solving this problem: copying the
page to a blank one doesn't work and I cannot see any paragraph separators in
the blank footnote lines. Any help would be appreciated as I have a paper to
submit shortly.
--
Clark

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

Clar wrote:

That helped most of them, Suzanne.
That helped most of them, Suzanne. When I also changed the Line Spacing in
the Paragraph tab from Multiple to Single, all of my extra spaces vanished.
Thanks!
--
Clark

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Doug Robbins - Word MVP wrote:

Make that TWO--Hope this helps.
Make that TWO

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Producer/Consumer Queue and BlockingCollection in C# 4.0
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials...r-queue-a.aspx

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
[email protected] tbabacar90@gmail.com is offline

Thanks Hannahwilk! The suggestion worked.

Babacar

Clar wrote:

Stefan,I'm having the same problem in W2007 and is probably due to cut/pasting
Stefan,

I'm having the same problem in W2007 and is probably due to cut/pasting in
the footnote area (I know, that's a "no-no"). I don't understand your
suggestion: where is Footnote Text Paragraph Style?

I've been researching the archives for solving this problem: copying the
page to a blank one doesn't work and I cannot see any paragraph separators in
the blank footnote lines. Any help would be appreciated as I have a paper to
submit shortly.
--
Clark

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

WPF Reflection Effect
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials...on-effect.aspx

Jack Thomas Jack Thomas is offline
Banned

Be Vigilant, be safe and alert your community…

Hi Everyone,

I have visited a this Forum and found alarming information there that might not be relevant with the current discussions but it is certainly as important as any other important activities in our lives.

https://www.mycomuniti.com/group/eur...h-terror-alert

Share your opinion and keep an eye on surroundings for betterment of this precious planet.

Best Regards

Jack Thomas
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
[email protected] christinekelly451@gmail.com is offline

Thank God for you! Making the font smaller did the trick!

Clar wrote:

Stefan,I'm having the same problem in W2007 and is probably due to cut/pasting
Stefan,

I'm having the same problem in W2007 and is probably due to cut/pasting in
the footnote area (I know, that's a "no-no"). I don't understand your
suggestion: where is Footnote Text Paragraph Style?

I've been researching the archives for solving this problem: copying the
page to a blank one doesn't work and I cannot see any paragraph separators in
the blank footnote lines. Any help would be appreciated as I have a paper to
submit shortly.
--
Clark

"Stefan Blom" wrote: