Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Janet A. Thompson Janet A. Thompson is offline

Default 2007, Table of Figures, Table TOC not holding left tab

My doc has Table title styles for Table titles. The format is like this
table 1
Alaska Went to the Moon

My doc toc for Tables will not hold the left tab so every time it is updated
it looks like this

Table 1 Alaska Went to the Moon
instead of
Table 1 Alaska Went to the Moon

I cannot get it to Update to Match Selection. So for every 25 table titles
in the toc, I have to remember to manually add the tab by Ctrl + Tab. Isn't
there a field code I can put into the table of tables field to make it stay.
What and How. Thanks!
--
Janet A.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Pamelia Caswell via OfficeKB.com Pamelia Caswell via OfficeKB.com is offline

If you formatted the caption with a line break between the lines of the
table title, there is no tab between them that the TOC can align. Turn on
nonprinting characters to see that that's so. You can try add a
a tab or a space before the line break, but both will affect the centering of
the label. Choose the one that more acceptable to you.

Pam

Janet A. Thompson wrote:
My doc has Table title styles for Table titles. The format is like this
table 1
Alaska Went to the Moon

My doc toc for Tables will not hold the left tab so every time it is updated
it looks like this

Table 1 Alaska Went to the Moon
instead of
Table 1 Alaska Went to the Moon

I cannot get it to Update to Match Selection. So for every 25 table titles
in the toc, I have to remember to manually add the tab by Ctrl + Tab. Isn't
there a field code I can put into the table of tables field to make it stay.
What and How. Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Janet A. Thompson Janet A. Thompson is offline

There is a soft return after the Table number. So you are saying before the
soft return to add a tab?
--
Janet A.

Janet A. Thompson wrote:
My doc has Table title styles for Table titles. The format is like this
table 1
Alaska Went to the Moon

My doc toc for Tables will not hold the left tab so every time it is updated
it looks like this

Table 1 Alaska Went to the Moon
instead of
Table 1 Alaska Went to the Moon

I cannot get it to Update to Match Selection. So for every 25 table titles
in the toc, I have to remember to manually add the tab by Ctrl + Tab. Isn't
there a field code I can put into the table of tables field to make it stay.
What and How. Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Pamelia Caswell via OfficeKB.com Pamelia Caswell via OfficeKB.com is offline

Yes, you can try adding a tab or spaces before the soft return (which I
called a line break in my post), to see how you like the result.

Pam

Janet A. Thompson wrote:
There is a soft return after the Table number. So you are saying before the
soft return to add a tab?
If you formatted the caption with a line break between the lines of the
table title, there is no tab between them that the TOC can align. Turn on

[quoted text clipped - 19 lines]