reillc01 reillc01 is offline
Junior Member

Default Word find and replace wildcard macro

Hello, I am working on a macro to clean a Word doc before sending to text to speech service. I want to remove APA citations, tables, footers, and other unnecessary junk.

So far I have come to a basic understanding of wildcards, but am having trouble with the logic.

To remove APA citations, i.e. (smith, jones, smith, 2008) I have come up with the wildcard search " [(]*[)]" to remove parenthetical occurrences, but it picks up everything in parenthesis not just citations. I can figure out how to indicate that it should only select parenthetical occurrences that end in a date. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!