Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Track changes: formatting

I usually have "Formatting" turned off in Track Changes, but at the
moment I need to indicate when I've italicized or de-italicized
something, and in the balloon, Word2007 insists on listing "Font:
Italic Complex Font: Not Italic." There are no complex fonts anywhere
(for word that means Hebrew/Arabic/Sanskrit etc.), and this can only
be confusing to someone looking at the changes.

Is there any way to get it to ignore "Complex Font"?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I can't explain the "complex font" part, but I have noticed that Word
sometimes tracks formatting changes, even if you deselect the option to
track them. :-(

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Peter T. Daniels" wrote in message
I usually have "Formatting" turned off in Track Changes, but at the
moment I need to indicate when I've italicized or de-italicized
something, and in the balloon, Word2007 insists on listing "Font:
Italic Complex Font: Not Italic." There are no complex fonts anywhere
(for word that means Hebrew/Arabic/Sanskrit etc.), and this can only
be confusing to someone looking at the changes.

Is there any way to get it to ignore "Complex Font"?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

! I've never had that problem.

Maybe it's like headers & footers -- if you've ever turned them on in
a document, they're there forever. If I've ever turned on a Complex
Font IME, it's there whether there are any in the document or not.

On May 14, 3:48*pm, "Stefan Blom"
wrote:
I can't explain the "complex font" part, but I have noticed that Word
sometimes tracks formatting changes, even if you deselect the option to
track them. :-(

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Peter T. Daniels" wrote in ...

I usually have "Formatting" turned off in Track Changes, but at the
moment I need to indicate when I've italicized or de-italicized
something, and in the balloon, Word2007 insists on listing "Font:
Italic Complex Font: Not Italic." There are no complex fonts anywhere
(for word that means Hebrew/Arabic/Sanskrit etc.), and this can only
be confusing to someone looking at the changes.

Is there any way to get it to ignore "Complex Font"?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

"Peter T. Daniels" wrote in message
! I've never had that problem.

In particular, when you modify or create a style, that change will be
tracked (even if you deselect the "Track formatting" option in the Track
Changes Options dialog box (tested in Word 2010).

Maybe it's like headers & footers -- if you've ever turned them on in
a document, they're there forever. If I've ever turned on a Complex
Font IME, it's there whether there are any in the document or not.

Quite possible.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP